Specialist Lending Limited Privacy Notice
1) Who are we
Specialist Lending Limited takes the security of your personal data very seriously and we are committed to ensuring that your data is always processed, fairly, transparently and lawfully. It is also important to us that you understand exactly how we will use and process any personal information which you provide or which we obtain from third-parties with your permission.
2) What information do we collect about you?
Specialist Lending Limited and our third-party suppliers may collect certain information or data about you when you use our website or when you apply for finance with Specialist Lending Limited.
We collect some or all of the following:
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your address status (homeowner, tenant etc.)
- Your previous address (if less than 3 years ago)
- Your annual salary
- Your company name (if applicable);
- Your phone number;
- Your email address;
- Your date of birth;
- how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your IP address, location and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of our website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
3) How will we use the information we collect from you?
This data can be viewed by authorised employees of Specialist Lending Limited and our suppliers, to perform one or more of the following functions:
- process your finance application;
- analyse your suitability as one of our approved suppliers;
- maintain our finance agreement with you;
- establish contact with you;
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it;
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts;
- provide you with information about our products and services;
- enable us or our agents to recover any funds due under the agreement.
4) How will we share the information we collect from you?
Specialist Lending Limited may share some or all of the information that it collects from you with third-party suppliers, to initiate or maintain our business relationship with you. This may include, but is not limited to sharing your information with the following third-parties.
· Divido Financial Services Limited (Divido)
· Virtual Lease Services Limited (VLS)
· Creditlink Account Recovery Solutions (CARS) – [See CRAIN below)
· Callcredit Information Group Limited – [See CRAIN below]
· Creditsafe Business Solutions Limited
Details of their Privacy Policies can be found on their websites, which explain how they will use and process your data.
Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (CRAIN)
In order to process your application, we will perform credit and identity checks on you with one or more credit reference agencies (“CRAs”). Where you take a loan with us we may also make periodic searches at CRAs to manage your account with us.
To do this, we will supply your personal information to CRAs and they will give us information about you. This will include information from your credit application and about your financial situation and financial history. CRAs will supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information.
We will use this information to:
- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product;
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us;
- Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering;
- Manage your account(s);
- Trace and recover debts; and
- Ensure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
We will continue to exchange information about you with CRAs while you have a relationship with us. We will also inform the CRAs about your settled accounts. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs.
When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders.
If you are making a joint application, or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together, so you should make sure you discuss this with them, and share with them this information, before lodging the application. CRAs will also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
The identities of the CRAs, their role also as fraud prevention agencies, the data they hold, the ways in which they use and share personal information, data retention periods and your data protection rights with the CRAs are explained in more detail at https://www.callcredit.co.uk/crain. CRAIN is also accessible from each of the three CRAs – clicking on any of these three links will also take you to the same CRAIN document: Callcredit; Equifax; Experian.
The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance, or employment. Further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights, can be found by clicking here.
5) Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA). (Some of our suppliers are based outside the EEA. We have strict controls over how and why your data can be accessed.)
6) Keeping your data secure
Specialist Lending Limited takes data security very seriously and we have rigorous controls in place to ensure that any information we hold on you is held securely. Data is encrypted where appropriate to ensure it remains secure.
However, sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
7) Data Retention Periods
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary unless required to by other legal or regulatory requirements or to enable us to adequately investigate complaints.
8) Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information:
- If we have a legal obligation to do so; or
- If we have to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or
- So that our key suppliers can perform their functions (see section 4); or
- To law enforcement and regulators; or
- To credit reference agencies (see section 4).
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites unless we have your permission to do so.
9) Your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which takes effect from 25th May 2018, provides the following rights to you as an individual:
- The right of access – You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to have your personal information deleted where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to block or suppress the processing of your personal data. This means that Specialist Lending Limited is permitted to store the personal data it holds but not further process it.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to move, copy or easily transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. In this event Specialist Lending Limited will provide your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form.
- The right to object – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data:
- based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest / exercise of official duty;
- direct marketing
- processing for the purpose of scientific / historical research and statistics
1. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – Specialist Lending Limited uses automated decisioning based on the information which you provide and information obtained from Credit Reference and Fraud agencies. You have the right to request that any such automated decision is reviewed by an individual within the Specialist Lending Limited Team.
10) Your Right to Complain
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which Specialist Lending Limited has processed your personal data or you believe that Specialist Lending Limited has breached personal data regulations, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Details can be found on the ICOwebsite: https://ico.org.uk/global/cont…
11) Links to other websites
12) Following a link to another website
13) Following a link to duologi.co.uk from another website
If you come to duologi.co.uk from another website, we may receive information from the other website. We may use this data to help us effectively market other companies.